This Veterans Day, Monday November 11, take the time to honor those who have given so much in service to this great country. Remember, “Freedom is never free!”
How can you pay tribute to soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen? Here are 10 ways:
- At 11 am, observe a moment of silence for those who’ve fought and died while in service.
- Display an American flag.
- Attend a Veterans Day Parade!
- Thank a vet for his/her service to our country.
- Send a letter to troops through the US Dept of Defense Website.
- Volunteer in a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.
- Visit a veterans grave or pick up trash in a veterans cemetery.
- Visit the family of a veteran who is serving overseas.
- Visit with a wounded vet at a local VA facility.
- Donate to the USO, the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars USA or other organizations that honor and assist vets.