As crazy as 2020 was, 2021 brought even more challenges to overcome. Personally, 2021 started off with the passing of my baby brother who managed our Jacksboro Hwy location, Carson Russell, who many knew as “Junior.” We worked together and laughed together, and he would always light up the room when he was present. Losing him, I will never be the same.
Then came the February Snowmageddon. All of a sudden, electricity and clean water, which we typically take for granted, became very important in our lives. Thanks to our dedicated staff, we were able to keep at least a couple of stores open through it all to try to give folks some relief. I’d never seen more propane, cubes, blankets, and heaters go out the door. I cannot tell you how proud I am of our team through that week and the acts of heroism I saw in folks trying to help their neighbor.
The rest of the year was filled with labor shortages, government stimulus checks, inflation, supply chain issues, Covid-19 and its offspring. At times, it was hard not to get down or depressed about it all. At Russell Feed, we tried our best to keep our heads down, focused on serving our customers and our pursuit of growing to serve the folks of North Texas better. I’m pleased to share we’ve been able to make the following progress in 2021:
- Nearing completion of our Weatherford store. It is located at 2610 S. Main Street. Parker County, we can’t wait to open in the first quarter of 2022!
- Continuing to work on the new Benbrook store. We are so appreciative of you supporting us at our temporary site down the road, and we hope to be in our new home second quarter of 2022.
- Purchasing property in Mineral Wells. We hope to be open in Palo Pinto County by the third quarter of next year.
- Securing an opportunity to serve the fine folks of Johnson County very soon—more details to come!
- On top of all this, our existing 8 locations have set sales records this past year I couldn’t have imagined.
I am so proud of our Russell Feed team, who decided that if 2021 was going to be hard, they would work that much harder. On behalf of all of us, we thank you for your encouragement through these challenges. Y’all kept us going and focused on our purpose. I am a firm believer that as long as we take care of the customer, we will continue to prosper in this ever-changing world.
As most of you who shop with us know, we will do most anything to earn your business, and you can find most anything you need. However, there are a few things you will NOT find at a Russell Feed & Supply store:
- You will not have to park a block away.
- You will not be greeted rudely by an employee.
- You will not find 30 cash registers, only to have 2-3 open.
- You will not get lost in our store.
- You will not have to check yourself out.
- You will not have to have a “special store card” to keep from getting overcharged.
- You will not have to arrive at 5 am for sale prices.
- You will not have to load your own purchase.
- You will not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
- You will never find us open Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas.
As you may remember, Teresa and I welcomed our 3rd grandbaby, Miss Flossy, in 2020. In early 2022, we will be welcoming grandbaby #4, Russell Wayne Senter. We are so excited! The Russell and Senter families wish each of you a joyous holiday season. I look forward to seeing you at one of our Grand Openings next year—we are planning on making 2022, our 25th year in business, our biggest yet!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and God Bless.
Kenny, Teresa, Megan, and Flossy
P.S. As a small token of our appreciation, please use the adjacent coupon.