November is here and so is the crazy weather! Temperatures can range from the 50s and 60s in the mornings and the 80s in the afternoon. This varying weather makes winterizing your garden a daunting task!
November Winterizing Tips:
- Move your plants inside your greenhouses.
- Start a compost! Rake your leaves and drop them into a compost bin. If you garden, you can cut costs considerably and feed your soil by composting correctly through the fall and winter.
- Time to mow one last time and tidy up the lawn before the holidays.
- Don’t forget the birds and other wildlife outside. You will need to clean up the bird feeders and fix or replace any broken ones.
- Stock up on bird feed and high-energy bird suet.
- Pick-up deer corn for the turkey and deer feed for your lease or backyard.
- Feeding squirrels? Pick up a couple bags of squirrel chow for the winter.
- Drain the water hoses and disconnect the hose from the faucet.
- Pick up a floating row cover so when temperatures get down to freezing, you can use the cover to protect tender plants in the flowerbeds and garden.
When all the work is done, then it’s time to start your holiday gift list. Russell Feed & Supply has great gift items for your friends and family! We also offer gift certificates!