This SunFresh Recipe diet takes “natural” to a whole new level by using only the freshest, highest quality sun-grown grains and plant proteins to give birds the wholesome, healthy goodness and fresh taste they deserve. Made from natural plant-based ingredients FREE of all animal proteins and fats, Purina Mills Layena SunFresh Recipe contains all the quality nutrients laying hens need to produce lots of strong-shelled, healthy, golden-yolked eggs.
|SunFresh® Recipe||Natural Plant Proteins FREE of all animal proteins and fats for healthy, happy birds.|
|Superior Nutrition||Great Appearance and Healthy Eggs Consistent superior nutrition for great-looking birds with wholesome eggs.|
|Essential Amino Acids||Strong Healthy Birds with Lots of Eggs Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the healthy nutrients they need to produce plenty of tasty eggs.|
|Exclusive Level of Marigold Extract||For Rich Yellow Yolks A high level of xanthophyll, a natural coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks.|
|Key Levels of Calcium and Manganese||Strong Shells with Fewer Cracks Top levels of calcium and manganese strengthen shells to increase the number of eggs that reach the kitchen.|
|Proprietary Level of Vitamin A||Strong Reproduction and Overall Health A high level of Vitamin A helps birds produce plenty of healthy chicks.|
|Key Level of Vitamin E||Supports a Healthy Immune System A high level of Vitamin E helps birds ward off disease.|
|Certified Natural||Your Assurance of Quality – It’s Nutrition You Can Trust Our guarantee that this is the very best feed providing safe, natural nutrition for poultry.|
Caution: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
ANIMAL PROTEIN- AND FAT-FREE. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag.
|Protein, not less than||16.0%|
|Lysine, not less than||0.55%|
|Methionine, not less than||0.25%|
|Fat, not less than||2.5%|
|Fiber, not more than||7.0%|
|Calcium, not less than||3.25%|
|Calcium, not more than||4.25%|
|Phosphorus, not less than||0.5%|
|Salt, not less than||0.3%|
|Salt, not more than||0.8%|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||10.5 IU/lb|
Feed Form: Pellets or Crumbles or Mash (regional availability) How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina Mills® Layena SunFresh® Recipe can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.