But it’s what you can’t see that makes Purina Layena Plus Omega-3 poultry feed truly unique. It’s made with flaxseed, which not only supports a healthy flock, but also provides enhanced nutrients in their eggs. While a typical egg provides a mere 65mg of Omega-3 fatty acids, an egg produced by healthy poultry fed exclusively on Purina Layena Plus Omega-3 poultry feed contains 200mg of Omega-3.
And like all Purina SunFresh Recipe poultry feeds, you can rest assured Purina Layena Plus Omega-3 poultry feed contains no added hormones, antibiotics, animal fat or animal by-products. Just wholesome goodness for a delicious, homegrown egg.
|Formulated to produce 200mg Omega-3 per large egg*||300% more Omega-3 than a typical egg!|
|Natural vegetarian formula without added antibiotics or hormones||Peace-of-mind – feed your birds like you feed your family|
|Superior Nutrition||Strong healthy birds lay plenty of wholesome eggs|
|Select level of marigold extract||Rich golden yolks.|
|Key levels of calcium and manganese||Strong shells with fewer cracks|
|Optimized level of Vitamin E||Supports a healthy immune system|
Caution: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
FREE FROM ADDED ANIMAL PROTEINS OR ANIMAL FATS. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag. Quality Controlled by Purina Mills® Research
|Crude Protein, not less than||16.0%|
|Lysine, not less than||0.70%|
|Methionine, not less than||0.30%|
|Crude Fat, not less than||3.25%|
|Crude Fiber, not more than||6.0%|
|Calcium, not less than||3.60%|
|Calcium, not more than||4.60%|
|Phosphorus, not less than||0.59%|
|Salt (NaCl), not less than||0.20%|
|Salt (NaCl), not more than||0.70%|
|Sodium (Na), not less than||0.10%|
|Sodium (Na), not more than||0.60%|
|Manganese, not less than||160 ppm|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, not less than||1.10%|
|Ash, not more than||14.50%|
Feed Form: Pellets How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and show and ornamentals) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets are best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.