As I write this letter, I’m overwhelmed with joy that we have just completed our 20th year in business. So much has changed in the last 20 years. Through your support, we’ve been able to grow from 3 stores to 8 area locations, a corporate office and distribution center, and a hay distribution facility.
Thanks to you, 2017 closes out as the biggest year in our company’s history. We were able to relocate our Crowley store to a brand new facility, build an additional warehouse at our Azle store, and start the relocation of our Camp Bowie West store. 2017 was also met with more competition than ever before. From big boxes, pet food chains, and farm and fleet stores, we’ve seen more out-of-state competition coming to our area at an unprecedented rate. With the North Texas area economy booming, I suspect there will be a whole lot more of them coming in 2018.
With all this said, I couldn’t be more optimistic about the future. Next year, we will relocate the Camp Bowie West store, add another 11,000 square feet to our office and distribution center, and continue to upgrade and improve our older facilities. As long as folks in our area value customer service and believe in what we do, we will continue to grow and better serve this great community.
As most of you who shop with us know, we will do almost anything to earn your business, and you can find most anything you need. However, there are a few things you will NOT find at a Russell Feed & Supply store:
- You will not have to park a block away.
- You will not be greeted rudely by an employee.
- You will not find 30 cash registers, only to have 2-3 open.
- You will not get lost in our store.
- You will not have to check yourself out.
- You will not have to have a “special store card” to keep from getting overcharged.
- You will not have to arrive at 5 am for sale prices.
- You will not have to load your own purchase.
- You will not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
- You will never find us open Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas.
Teresa, Megan and I want to personally thank you for your business, support, and friendship the past 20 years. I would also ask that when you think about making a purchase, you consider the local merchants. We pride ourselves on being locally owned and operated, and the dollars you spend with us stay right here. We live here, we work here, and this is our hometown. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year. We look forward to serving you in 2018!
Kenny, Teresa & Megan Russell