Russell Feed & Supply stores are a proud supporter of Don’t Forget to Feed Me (DF2FM), the only DFW social service agency focused solely on directly assisting pet owners with pet food. By providing pet food for those in need during challenging financial times, DF2FM offers an option to surrendering – or worse, abandoning – a family pet. Don’t Forget to Feed Me helps to ensure pet owners never have to choose between stay…or go.
Many local social agencies focus on ensuring humans have adequate food and nutrition; however, in many instances, a pet owner will often choose to go without food to ensure their companion animals are fed. With fully 2/3 of Americans being pet owners, the need to provide pet food to pet owners experiencing economic uncertainty is real and immediate. By providing pet owners with pet food, DF2FM not only ensures that owners are able to feed themselves but that pets receive food that is nutritionally appropriate for animals.
The Hot & Hungry Donation Campaign is Don’t Forget to Feed Me’s Summer Fundraiser, July 1 – 31st . This year’s goal of $15,000 will be enable DF2FM to continually assist financially distressed pet owners in the Greater Tarrant County area. In 2014, DF2FM helped economically deserving families keep their pets fed with 86 tons of donated pet food.
Join the 2015 Hot & Hungry campaign with many easy ways to give:
- Donate online.
- Donate your spare change (and a little extra, if you’re able!) at one of our seven Russell Feed store locations. We have donation canisters available at checkout areas.
- Mail your donation to: DF2FM, PO Box 471277, Fort Worth, TX 76147
- Text your donation by sending “HH15″ to 41444. (Standard text messaging rates apply.)
- Join the cause and create your own fundraising team with the form below or by texting “HH15″ to 71777!
- Don’t Forget to Feed Me is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as recognized by the IRS. Your donation is fully tax-deductible.
Many local agencies help pet owners with veterinary needs such as spaying/neutering and vaccinations, and many local agencies are concerned with ensuring that homeless animals are adopted into “forever homes.” These agencies address real needs and provide valuable services to the community; however, these efforts will all be for naught if the pet owner is unable to feed the animal. It will end up in a shelter – or on the streets – anyway. By providing pet owners with pet food, DF2FM helps relieve stress on shelters, rescues, and local animal control. Join with Russell Feed & Supply to help DF2FM meet their fundraising goals for this summer’s Hot & Hungry campaign!