Spring is finally here and so are the vegetable plants! Russell Feed & Supply is stocked with vegetable plants, herbs, and more! We carry tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, squash, corn, herbs, strawberries, banana peppers, bell peppers and so much more! Our plants are locally sourced and ready for your garden. We also have seeds (packets & bulk), flowers, hanging baskets, mulch, potting soil and much more! Turn that thumb green at Russell Feed!
Looking for Gardening tips? Click here!
Have a gardening picture you’d like to share? Send it to us!
Tips on Planting:
Having your very own veggie/herb garden isn’t as complicated as you might think, although it does require dedication. The most important part is planning and making sure you have all of the right materials and information. When setting up your space, it’s important to remember a few key items:
• Do you have enough sun exposure? Vegetables love the sun. They need at least six hours of full sun every day, and preferably eight.
• Know your soil. You can enrich most soil with compost and it will be fine for planting, but some soil needs more help. Check with us at Russell Feed & Supply. We carry a variety of soils and soil amendments and we can help you find the best match for your growing needs.
• Placement is everything. Avoid planting too near a tree, which will steal nutrients and shade the garden. In addition, a garden close to the house will help to discourage wild animals from nibbling away your potential harvest.
• Decide between tilling and a raised bed. If you have poor soil or a bad back, a raised bed built with nonpressure-treated wood offers many benefits.
• Vegetables and fruits need lots of water— at least one inch of water a week. Make sure you have a good irrigation or watering system.
Share this page
- Saturday, April 11:
- Sunday, April 26:
- Saturday, May 2:
- Sunday, May 3:
- Saturday, May 9:
- Sunday, May 24:
- Saturday, June 6: